Meikle Wind will create economic benefits for the local region and British Columbia throughout operations. Over the 25-year term of the power purchase agreement with BC Hydro, Meikle Wind will contribute more than $70 million dollars in payments for property taxes, the Crown lease, Wind Participation Rent, and community benefits.
The facility supports the local economy by:
- Employing local skilled and unskilled labor and contractors
- Providing employment and training opportunities to local residents and First Nations Communities
- Purchasing goods and services from communities in the region
- Increasing revenue for service businesses such as local restaurants and hotels
Creates job opportunities:
- An average of 150 workers were on-site during construction activity, up to 275 workers during peak construction periods.
- 9 full-time permanent positions during operations in addition to the use of local subcontractors
- Maintenance personnel generally need to be proficient mechanics or electrical/electronic technicians
Sign up to stay informed of project news.